Re: [Patch] Fix #903: Add shortcuts for note names languages.(issue26060

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix #903: Add shortcuts for note names languages.(issue2606042)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 00:35:51 +0200

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> L.....G.......T......M
>
> Nice approach, Valentin!  Now I have no reasonable opposition to this patch!

Well, you've just made my day :-)

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, I tried it under Windows Vista and it seems to work fine, at least
> on a simple test with english.ly.  I can't vouch for the purity of the
> coding
> though, and of course we'll need some doc changes, reg test, and
> a convert-ly change.

I'm documenting it just now. I'm not sure we want to convert-ly this
yet, though. (Read: I'm not sure what amount of decibels Graham will
produce if I do that. :)

> It doesn't work for arabic.ly, as you say, nor for bagpipe.ly, but as
> neither of those are languages (arabic.ly is for Arabic music rather
> than the Arabic language)  I don't think that's a problem.  All genuine
> language files should be OK.

This *is* somewhat of a problem. Assuming you're right and it isn't a
"language" file per se, then perhaps we should consider removing
"arabic" from the list in NR1.1.1.3, and just add a sentence that
links to NR2.10.1?

... Anyway, for now I'll slightly modify the \language command to exit
gracefully with an informative error message if it encounters a
non-supported .ly file. That should do it.

> As a way of introducing the improved syntax this LGTM.

Cheers, mate!

OK, now back to the doc work.

Valentin.