Re: Doc: NR 4.4.1: Rewrite. (issue2642043)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Doc: NR 4.4.1: Rewrite. (issue2642043)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 07:05:35 +0000

Looks pretty good, Mark.  I've suggested a couple of changes near the
top.

Trevor

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely
File Documentation/notation/spacing.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1496
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1496: flexible vertical spacing:
Within systems, the printed output is considered to consist of three
types for vertical spacing purposes:

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1501
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1501: @item @emph{staff-like
contexts} (such as @code{Lyrics}).
Just to add my 2 cents:
I don't really like using "contexts" here.  We're talking about printed
output, not internal objects, and it's the use of "contexts" that
introduces the confusion.  So I'd prefer to see the simpler "staves" or
"staff lines", "staff groups", and "non-staff lines" throughout.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1505
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1505: specifying the vertical
spacing.
The vertical spacing of each of these types is specified in slightly
different ways.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/