Re: Doc: NR 4.4.1: Rewrite. (issue2642043)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Doc: NR 4.4.1: Rewrite. (issue2642043)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:24:12 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely
File Documentation/notation/spacing.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1501
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1501: @item @emph{staff-like
contexts} (such as @code{Lyrics}).
On 2010/10/23 07:05:35, Trevor Daniels wrote:
So I'd prefer to see the simpler "staves" or "staff lines", "staff
groups", and "non-staff lines" throughout.
and Keith very much agrees.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode1509
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:1509: available.  Then, the
staff-like contexts are distributed between
After experimentation, this is clear. What I needed to know was "First,
the staves are spaced to fill the space available, allowing the space
required for any interleaving non-staff lines. Then, the non-staff lines
are spaced between the staves."
I say 'space required' to mean the hard distances of 'minimum-distance
and 'padding, because the reader might not have seen these property
names yet.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/