Re: Doc: NR rewrite of 3.2 Titles and Headers (issue4124056)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Doc: NR rewrite of 3.2 Titles and Headers (issue4124056)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:02:16 -0000

<address@hidden> wrote Sunday, February 06, 2011 8:41 PM

On 2011/02/06 17:48:56, Trevor Daniels wrote:
This comment of mine from Mark's patch still applies, even after these
changes:

> I've looked at the compiled version now.  It's nicely
> written, but my concern is that this is no longer written
> in 'reference' style.  To me, parts of it seem more
> suited to the LM.

ok, I've compiled it myself. I still think that once we optimize away
the "talking through the code", it'll fit into Notation.

I think the spacing controls are now so complex that
they really do need a 'learning' approach to help
users understand how to approach page layout.  Mark's
original patch was quite good for that, but belongs in
the LM.  Then the NR can contain purely reference material
for users who simply want to look up a detail.  I think
we are in danger of falling between the two by paring
this down.

Trevor