Re: print transposed guitar chords on piano sheets (issue4626094)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: print transposed guitar chords on piano sheets (issue4626094)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:30:38 +0200

> Mmmm...
>
> Do we have generic procedures for "combine markup" and "stack markup"?
> If not, there'll be a flurry of frog emails as I try and write them :-)
> (note to self - ly:stencil-combine-at-edge)

line and column
(see line 1074 and line 1426 of scm/define-markup-commands.scm)

> Because the chord_name_capo_proc will basically be "if vertical then
> stack else combine".
>
> Should my scheme function go in the scm directory?

Yes, likely in define-markup-commands.scm.

> And what would be a good name for it?

Something descriptive :)

> Do those functions get loaded into lily automatically?

Yes.

> Moving on slightly, if I'm messing about with scheme for markup, how do
> I mess around with scheme for engravers. It looks like they're defined
> inside lilypond code - do they go in the ly directory?

Engravers are defined in the lily/ directory (C++), but you can also define
theme from scheme (see the scheme engraver regtest).  If you're thinking that
this should become part of LilyPond, I'd write it in C++ for the time being.
The community's gonna have a discussion about Scheme vs C++ in the not too
distant future, but at the present moment, no Scheme engravers (that I know of)
are part of the source.

Cheers,
MS