git-cl is down

From: Bertrand Bordage
Subject: git-cl is down
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:56:28 +0200

Hi all,

As mentioned in the title, git-cl's repository on neugierig.org is down.
It looks like this project isn't supported anymore.
I suggest we rewrite the last part of CG 3.3.4 "Uploading a patch for review".

In fact, why were we using git-cl ? What is git-cl providing that can't be done with upload.py from Rietveld codereview ?
The doc should be explaining how to use upload.py.

Furthermore, there's something we should solve : upload.py is just uploading diffs instead of full git commit patches.
By changing a line on upload.py, we can easily change this "git diff" for a "git format-patch".
I created a fake issue to show the result : http://codereview.appspot.com/4721041/
When you click "download raw set", this gives you what is really expected.

Unfortunately, this changes the syntax of the input arguments of upload.py. The result is that it is no longer possible to upload a commit other than the latest.
But the idea should be further explored, since it would save Graham's time.

If you agree with this, the first thing to do would be to create an issue on http://code.google.com/p/rietveld/issues/list

If nobody else wants to rewrite the doc, I will. Same thing for patching codereview.

Regards,
Bertrand