Re: git-cl is down

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: git-cl is down
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 01:51:00 +0200

Am Sonntag, 17. Juli 2011, 01:37:42 schrieb Graham Percival:
> But that's silly and stupid.  Bertrand's git tree has a beautiful
> commit.  Why can't I get that commit when I want to push it?  Why
> does Rietveld and/or git-cl throw away that nice metadata?

Because Rietveld is the problem: It was never intended for git, but rather for
svn, where you only commit with a commit message, when you want to push to the
server. During codereview in a Subversion workflow, you don't have the commit
message written yet.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886