Re: git-cl is down

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: git-cl is down
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:34:36 +0200

On Sa., 16. Jul. 2011 17:42:36 CEST, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 10:56:28AM +0200, Bertrand Bordage wrote:
> > In fact, why were we using git-cl ? What is git-cl providing that
> > can't be done with upload.py from Rietveld codereview ?

git-cl stored the issue number inside each git branch, so that you can easily
update an issue with a new pathcset without having to look up the issue number.
Plus, you don't have to create a patch file on disk that you can then upload.
So, git-cl is basically only half the work of using upload.py manually.

Cheers,
Reinhold