Re: git-cl is down

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: git-cl is down
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 08:42:36 -0700

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 10:56:28AM +0200, Bertrand Bordage wrote:
> In fact, why were we using git-cl ? What is git-cl providing that can't be
> done
> with upload.py from Rietveld codereview ?

I'm not certain that upload.py allowed us to use git patches in
the past; I definitely did not think that such a thing was
possible.

> Furthermore, there's something we should solve : upload.py is just uploading
> diffs instead of full git commit patches.
> By changing a line on upload.py, we can easily change this "git diff" for a
> "git format-patch".
> I created a fake issue to show the result : http://codereview.appspot.com/
> 4721041/
> When you click "download raw set", this gives you what is really expected.
>
> Unfortunately, this changes the syntax of the input arguments of upload.py.
> The
> result is that it is no longer possible to upload a commit other than the
> latest.

Absolutely!

> If you agree with this, the first thing to do would be to create an issue on
> http://code.google.com/p/rietveld/issues/list
>
> If nobody else wants to rewrite the doc, I will. Same thing for patching
> codereview.

I would like to rewrite the CG, but first I would like somebody
(not me) to change upload.py
- ideally the changes should be sent upstream
- I'm willing to have a temporary "fork" of upload.py while we're
  waiting for a new official version of upload.py

Would it be possible to make upload.py sent multiple commits?  For
casual contributors, a single commit is fine, but serious
developers like Mike require the ability to upload multiple
commits for a single issue.