Re: git-cl is down

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: git-cl is down
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:00:56 -0700

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 04:53:15PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Why are we trying to eliminate git-cl?  What is the problem it causes?

git-cl isn't the problem.

The problem is that when I click on "download raw patch set" on a
codereview issue, I get a raw patch set.  This loses the commit
message and author, so I can't (easily) push somebody's patch once
it's accepted.  So I need to email the author(s), or more recently
Colin needs to track them down, ask them to send the patch to me,
forward me the patch when they send it to him instead, etc etc.

For example, Bertrand's last patches were both delayed by a week
due to bad timing between manually attaching the patch to an email
and me building the latest devel release.  That's just silly.

However, it seems like fixing this requires some change to the
rietveld source itself, so it depends on google programmers
accepting the patch and adding that to their scheduled maintenance
of the rietveld server(s).  I certainly think it's worth raising
it with them, though!