Re: Make accidental styles available as context mods. (issue 4819064)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Make accidental styles available as context mods. (issue 4819064)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:47:01 +0100

On 5 September 2011 17:29,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4819064/diff/1/lily/context-mod-scheme.cc
> File lily/context-mod-scheme.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4819064/diff/1/lily/context-mod-scheme.cc#newcode45
> lily/context-mod-scheme.cc:45: LY_DEFINE (ly_make_context_mod,
> "ly:make-context-mod",
> Can you map this to #{ \with { ... } #} ?

Hmm, I don't think so, since a context modification isn't music.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4819064/diff/1/ly/context-mods-init.ly
> File ly/context-mods-init.ly (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4819064/diff/1/ly/context-mods-init.ly#newcode25
> ly/context-mods-init.ly:25: (ly:make-context-mod
> #{ \with { \set extraNatural #(second $style-settings)
>           \set autoAccidentals #(third $style-settings)
>           \set autoCautionaries #(fourth $style-settings) } #}
> No, I have not actually tested it, but with the recent changes to #{ #}
> something quite similar to this should actually work.  Is there a reason
> you prepend the description in order to strip it again in parser.yy?

The \description keyword is used inside a context modification to set
the documentation string for the notation appendix.  Since I've
replaced the existing ly:export versions of the default accidental
styles in engraver-init.ly with their context modification
equivalents, I don't want their \description settings to overshadow
the engraver documentation strings (also set via \description): so the
context modification strings are dropped.

Cheers,
Neil