Re: Make accidental styles available as context mods. (issue 4819064)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Make accidental styles available as context mods. (issue 4819064)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:04:01 +0200

Am Montag, 5. September 2011, 20:47:01 schrieb Neil Puttock:
> The \description keyword is used inside a context modification to set
> the documentation string for the notation appendix.  Since I've
> replaced the existing ly:export versions of the default accidental
> styles in engraver-init.ly with their context modification
> equivalents, I don't want their \description settings to overshadow
> the engraver documentation strings (also set via \description): so the
> context modification strings are dropped.

Ah, I see. The problem is that the context mods are also used inside context
definitions, like

a=\with {
  \description "Some mod"
}
\context {\Score
  \description "context desc"
  \a
}

This is effectively the same as

\context {\Score
  \description "context desc"
  \description "Some mod"
}

And the later description takes overwrites the context description.

It's ugly that such a situation occurs, but I guess your approach is the
easiest, short of renaming them to \contextDescription or so...

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886