Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 13:14:20 +0100

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 10:27:25AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Monday, September 05, 2011 9:39 PM
> >
> >http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_11.html
>
> I'm happy with this proposal, but the origin/dev branches
> are not mentioned explicitly.  Presumably they remain
> unchanged?

Yes, since those are "logical" branches -- at some point in time
the code in dev/* was "split away" from the code in master.
By contrast, the branches I think we should move to a different
repository were never "split away" from master.

Unchanged are:
  master
  release/unstable
  lilypond/translation
  stable/*
  dev/*
  cvs/master
  tarball/master

the last two aren't particularly relevant these days, but they
don't do any harm.