Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 11: git repositories
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 15:26:01 +0100

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 02:45:25PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:

> How easy is it to switch between the various git repositories?  Would we
> update lilygit, or reserve use of the new repositories for those who had
> started to use terminal?

It's not hard for command-line people.  We would not update
lilygit, because nothing in those other repositories are things
that normal contributors would care about.

The only possible exception is lilypad, but if somebody is
sufficiently technically skilled that they could hope to make a
meaningful contribution to lilypad, then they are also
sufficiently technically skilled to spend 30 minutes reading a git
tutorial.