Empty music sheet generator in LilyPond

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Empty music sheet generator in LilyPond
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 17:24:51 +0200

Every now and then you need empty music sheets to write a score or arrangement
manually. To automate this, I have created a small online creator for empty
music sheets, which uses lilypond as the backend to produce the nice sheets:

http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/en/empty-scoresheets.html

Please let me know what you think about it, before I'll announce it on -user.
For example, if you feel that some score type is missing, it's really easy to
add more than the currently available.

I'd also like to see how well it scales to more than one user. Lilypond takes
a bit to create the score (and also the preview), so if you have any idea how
to speed up lilypond, I'd like to hear it, too.

Currently, I'm caching all already created scores and previews, so lilypond is
only run once for each size / sysstem count / type / etc. combination.

I did not enable manual input of title/subtitle/composer/etc. on purpose,
because that will increase the server load dramatically, because caching is no
longer possible then (each different title requires a separate lilypond run).
If you really need to create your custom title on an empty score page, mail me
privately and I can tell you how to enable those controls. But I won't make it
available to the general public.

Cheers,
Reinhold

PS: With the landscape paper formats you can see an example of bug 1819
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1819 )
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886