Re: Empty music sheet generator in LilyPond

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Empty music sheet generator in LilyPond
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:31:59 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 7. September 2011, 17:41:49 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
> On 9/7/11 9:24 AM, "Reinhold Kainhofer" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Please let me know what you think about it, before I'll announce it on
> > -user. For example, if you feel that some score type is missing, it's
> > really easy to add more than the currently available.
>
> Way cool!  This is marvelous.  I think it's an absolutely brilliant app,
> with very nice execution.

Thanks for all the feedback I already got.

I have now added the following things:
-) 2-staff choir + piano reduction
-) single tab staff
-) staf + tab staff in a group
-) single staff with drum clef
-) single rhythmic staff (single-line)
-) Added empty title, subtitle, etc. header fields

Making the number of lines in a staff completely configurable would need more
work and I don't think it's needed that often (single-line staff is added now,
tab staff, too).

> I think "Quartet" is misspelled as "Quartett" in string and piano.

Yeah, mixup with German, where it's spelt "Quartett"...

> > I'd also like to see how well it scales to more than one user. Lilypond
> > takes a bit to create the score (and also the preview), so if you have
> > any idea how to speed up lilypond, I'd like to hear it, too.
>
> LilyPond takes a while, but it's indicated in the preview, so I think it's
> OK.  Cached scores are instantaneous.

Yes, as I said, lilypond needs to run only once on each combination of
settings, so after the first call, things are quite fast.

> If you could put a null markup placeholder in the generated .ly, then
> anybody who needed it could handle it by themselves, as long as they had
> LilyPond.

In my template (using smarty in php), I already had ($title is cleaned, to
prevent lilypond code insertion security problems):
  {{if $title}}  title="{{$title}}"{{/if}}
so I simply changed it to
  title="{{if $title}}{{$title}}{{/if}}"

Cheers,
Reinhold