Re: lilypond.org can't build website

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: lilypond.org can't build website
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:28:58 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 6:08 PM
Subject: lilypond.org can't build website

ok, I forgot what was needed to make python find modules.
lilypond.org currently fails to build the website:

address@hidden:~$ make-website.sh
mkdir -p out-website
python
/home/graham/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-version-itexi.py
/home/graham/lilypond/lilypond-git > out-website/version.itexi
python
/home/graham/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-weblinks-itexi.py
/home/graham/lilypond/lilypond-git > out-website/weblinks.itexi
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File
"/home/graham/lilypond/trusted-scripts/create-weblinks-itexi.py",
line 15, in <module>
   import langdefs
ImportError: No module named langdefs
make: *** [website-version] Error 1
cp: omitting directory
`/home/graham/lilypond/build-website/out-website/pictures'

(those "python" lines include the next two lines; it's a long
command that gets cut into multiple lines in email)

Could you suggest a patch to CG 6.2 Uploading and security ?
Maybe to the make-website.sh script?

Dunno how urgent it is to get this going again, but the fix is this:

PYTHONPATH=$HOME/lilypond-git/python

(substituting $HOME for wherever langdefs is found on your system). I can't make a patch for the CG because it's dependent on the specific directory names used on the server, and I don't know those.

--
Phil Holmes

--
Phil Holmes