Re: lilypond.org can't build website

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: lilypond.org can't build website
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:50:15 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 6:34 PM

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 06:28:58PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
Dunno how urgent it is to get this going again, but the fix is this:

PYTHONPATH=$HOME/lilypond-git/python

(substituting $HOME for wherever langdefs is found on your system).
I can't make a patch for the CG because it's dependent on the
specific directory names used on the server, and I don't know those.

Does that have to go on the command-lien make-website.sh, or could
that go inside website.make ?  I mean, website.make already has a
top-src-dir defined...?

The full make syntax (this is in CG6.2) is:

make -f ../lilypond-git/make/website.make WEBSITE_ONLY_BUILD=1 \
 TOP_SRC_DIR=$HOME/lilypond-git/ \
 PYTHONPATH=$HOME/lilypond-git/python \
 TEXI2HTML_PROGRAM=texi2html \
 website

So - I'm assuming make-website.sh has a command similar to the one above (but without PYTHONPATH). If you add a PYTHONPATH line which points to the directory where langdefs is located, you should be OK.

As you say, an alternative that _should_ work is to define PYTHONPATH in website.make. Would need to test that, though, and off rehearsing in about 10 minutes.

--
Phil Holmes