Re: Why no review on Doc: NR 1.6.2 - Staff Symbol?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Why no review on Doc: NR 1.6.2 - Staff Symbol?
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 11:39:03 +0100

Le Dec 4, 2011 à 11:27 AM, Graham Percival a écrit :

> There's lots of untrustworthy syntax floating around in the docs,
> and James and I (more him than me) have been doing our best to
> straighten it out.  We could really use some advanced[1] users to
> help out.
>
> [1] if you know what "\with" does, then you're "advanced" as far
> as I'm concerned.
>
> This is *NOT* directed at programmers.  Programmers should keep on
> programming.  This is directed at users.

I think this is a great idea - I'm sure that there are several users who have
valuable knowledge to contribute to the dox.

It may be worth it to send excerpts of your e-mail it to the user list.  It
seems that a similar call to arms worked for bug squad stuff - even if one or
two users have something to contribute to the docs, it'd help!  If they're
afraid of texidoc, you could even offer that they write the text in whatever
format works for them (MS Word, etc) and then see if anyone on the devel list
is willing to do some syntax sprucing: James has helped me out like this
several times & it made integration into the dox a lot less painful.

Cheers,
MS