Re: make fails for staging branch

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: make fails for staging branch
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:23:31 -0800

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 07:19:55PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > No problem; I'm quite happy that Patchy is pulling his weight so
> > soon.  :)
>
> Never mind Patchy...  After the problematic commit, you made a release
> tag and everything.  This is going to be one mess of a cleanup.

eh?  release/unstable should be strictly ahead of master, in a
completely different way than staging is strictly ahead of master.

Isn't it possible to rebase staging on top of release/unstable?
IIRC we might lose the updated VERSION string, but that's easy to
fix.

I'd like to keep the offifical 2.15.23, mainly for the regtest
comparison (that's pretty much the only reason I make releases,
after all!).  I'm not concerned if we lose the release tag, or
even the release announcement (I can re-create that too).