Re: Update lilygit.tcl (Issue 2092) (issue 5504092)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Update lilygit.tcl (Issue 2092) (issue 5504092)
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 00:10:14 +0000

On 2011/12/30 20:57:02, Graham Percival wrote:
LGTM apart from one detail

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504092/diff/5001/scripts/auxiliar/lily-git.tcl#newcode295
scripts/auxiliar/lily-git.tcl:295: git push origin HEAD:$pushHead
I'm still concerned about this type of automatic pushing.  The revised
CG
material on branches
     http://codereview.appspot.com/5484043/
makes a bit deal about always checking gitk -- just for 5 seconds --
before
pushing, and I think that's a good step.  Patchy will not question any

I think I can achieve that automatically by looking at the commit log
between staging and working.  If there are no merge commits in that log,
we are good to push IIUC.

I ought to be able to check for that automatically and only do the push
if there are no problems.

I'll try to cook a revised patch in a bit.

Thanks for the review.

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504092/