Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:25:49 +0100

On Feb 26, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

AFAIK, Pango returns a list of glyph indices and coordinates to
position glyphs.  It's straightforward to feed those indices directly
into FreeType's `FT_Load_Glyph' function which is able to return an
`FT_Outline' structure holding the glyph's outline.

This is great Werner - thank you!  I just checked out FT_Outline.  It's really straightforward, which is great.
Joe - this likely means that the build system work you were thinking about doing w/ glyph outlines is no longer necessary and that I can scrap all of the .scm stuff I wrote and replace it with calls to this.  I'll have time Wednesday morning to check this out.

Cheers,
MS