Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:16:22 +0100

Hey Mike,

there's a funny situation: seems that DynamicText behaves like
Hairpins behaved at one moment - DynamicText skylines work with some
objects, and don't work with other.  see attachments.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The only problem I'm running into now is that the outlines aren't always 100%
> exact.

Yes, for example letters t and l (see attachment)

> This causes really close kerning and sometimes even overlap (check out
> figured-bass-implicit.ly).
>  An easy (albeit kludgy) solution would be to add a bit of padding
> around all glyphs that come from a pango font.  Does this seem
> like a reasonable way of going about it?

No; it won't fix problems with letter t and trill, and the outline of
letters l, h etc. will still not be symmetrical.

HTH,
Janek