Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:32:16 +0100

Hey all,

I have a new patch up that simplifies the old one a great deal and uses
freetype to get outlines.

The only problem with it (that I know of) exists for some non-standard fonts.
If you run input/regression/utf-8.ly through this, you'll see LilyPond get very
angry about not being able to find the glyph in the font.  This is because I am
stashing a font at creation time in pango-font.cc (check out the constructor -
you'll see a new member font_ being set) instead of extracting the font from
the glyphs.  In certain cases, this means that the FT_Face created in the
pango_item_string_stencil of my patch is different from that created in current
master.  I have no clue why this is the case - does anyone have any intuition
about this?

Cheers,
MS