Re: Doc: mention empty chords; avoid using zero-duration spacers in exam

From: dak
Subject: Re: Doc: mention empty chords; avoid using zero-duration spacers in examples (issue 6197068)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:26:58 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6197068/diff/1/Documentation/notation/staff.itely
File Documentation/notation/staff.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6197068/diff/1/Documentation/notation/staff.itely#newcode1361
Documentation/notation/staff.itely:1361: \new CueVoice { \set
"instrumentCueName" = "flute" }
On 2012/05/14 06:55:08, Keith wrote:
On 2012/05/13 19:06:43, dak wrote:
>  Perhaps we should instead let \cueDuring accept an optional context
> modification argument.
Xavier requested this optional argument to \cueDuring, but Trevor has
had a
\cueWhile function in the docs for a while, which takes a string to
identify who
is giving the cue, so I think it best to stick with that.

We can't "stick" with something that isn't in LilyPond proper but just
in some snippet.

I'll take a look at what this would entail.  An optional context mod
would appear to make for a rather straightforward and easy to remember
interface.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6197068/