Re: Stable release.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Stable release.
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:34:53 +0200

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Just want to say that a thread like this shows clearly:
>
> 1. Lilypond is a very advanced and complicated project
> 2. Several people - even if we always can use more of them - are
> actively working on it and care about the quality of the project.
> 3. Humans make mistakes.
>
> Having said that I think you (the developers) are doing a great job,
> and I want to thank you for that. And I am confident that we will have
> a new stable LilyPond version, even if that will not happen today or
> tomorrow. I'm sure it's worth waiting for.

The release will definitely be worth waiting for, but if you break the
worth down into days, not every day will be worth the same.

Half of my responses to questions on the user list are of the "with a
current development version of LilyPond, you could simply do this like
..., but" variaty.  The release is worth waiting for, but also the
unreleased code is worth working with, and I can't escape the feeling
that the overall balance we strike between these goals would benefit
from adjustments.