Re: Stable release.

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Stable release.
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:27:33 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:34 AM

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 09:30:12AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> Assuming that this is a 10-minute job, put stuff in the
> stable/2.14 git branch, just in case somebody grabs the source
> from git tarball.

It's more than 10 minutes since I have to through
hide-and-seek-and-recompile-and-check a few times.  But I don't think it
will take me longer than a few hours.

Your computer really isn't suited to this task.  I suggest that
you wait a few days and hope that somebody else will volunteer --
possibly in conjunction with you?  i.e. you could prepare a git
branch (maybe dev/2.14-proposed or something like that), then the
other person could try to compile it, then send you the build
failure and you can go hunt&cherry-pick the relevant commit.

There's no rush for this at all, so it doesn't matter if it takes
two weeks with a day of lag each way.

If you do want help test-compiling patches, David, please let me know. However, given that the problem is compiler related, I might need clear instructions if it's more complex than a straight lilydev or GUB compilation.

--
Phil Holmes