Re: LSR updates and translations

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LSR updates and translations
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:37:31 +0200

Le mardi 26 juin 2012 à 08:06 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
> If you're going to rename stuff, I strongly suggest a bigger
> rename or you're asking for trouble.  I suggest
> Documentation/lsr/ ?  and Documentation/lsr/new/ ?  and then the
> corresponding /build/ dirs will be created.

Regarding renaming directories, please consider that the less directory
moves are made  the easier translations maintenance will be, so I
suggest to move generated snippets from Documentation/snippets to
$(top-build-dir)/Documentation/snippets/out, and have snippets copied
from LSR tarball in Documentation/snippets.  How does it sound?

Once we get the build right, i.e. the dependencies and lilypond-book
looking for generated snippets at the right place, the workflow will be
identical:
- snippets in Documentation/snippets are convert-lyed copies of snippets
from LSR tarball, manual edits of these should be put in
Documentation/snippets/new,
- translations of texidocs are done in the same way,
- running makelsr.py will require the same work.

> Sorry, I didn't follow that.
>
> My vague sense from the emails is that John and Julien are
> interested in helping to do this work, but nobody feels quite
> certain about exactly what's being proposed.  Could you write a
> new email (possibly with copious copy&pastes) with the latest
> proposal, using new directory names for the new version (to lessen
> confusion) ?  We don't need to go over the motivation for this
> work; just the actual details of the work, with whatever tweaks
> you think are good based on the past week of emails.

I second this, but have we reached agreement?

Cheers