Re: [GLISS] differentiating pre/post/neutral commands

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [GLISS] differentiating pre/post/neutral commands
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 08:17:00 +0200 (CEST)

> Rather than proposing something by way of example, I would like to
> see all proposals in the form of a parser patch that does not
> introduce extra shift/reduce or reduce/reduce conflicts, and
> maintains general backward compatibility. If a proposer manages to
> get that far, I promise I will take a serious look at it.

You are exaggerating, aren't you?  With this prerequisite, very useful
stuff like `q' would have never been implemented.  It took David a
long time to generalize it, but IMHO it was worth the trouble.

Perhaps we should start differently: Instead of making ad-hoc syntax
suggestions, let's collect experienced user reports about the most
annoying LilyPond syntax issues.  The stress lies on *user*, not
developer.  Then parser experts can have a look whether changes are
possible and useful.

    Werner