Re: [GLISS] Unifying \chordmode and \notemode

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: [GLISS] Unifying \chordmode and \notemode
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 18:37:57 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> This sounds like a nice project. I am still worried by the backward
> >> compat breakage, though. Is it worth it?
>
> Well, a useful ability to write single notes in sequence with chords
> pretty essential for accordion music, but it is not like it would be
> untypical for piano ragtime or waltzes either.

That would simplify things a bit.  It makes number in identifiers even
harder to do because of var = c:maj7m5  (but I don't mind that).

We would need to distinguish the uses of all the chord delimiters
  : (tremolo)  ^ (raised fingering)  - (postevent) etc.

But weren't we supposed to "bring it in the form of a parser patch" ?
We have only so much time. Don't waste it with fluffing around.