Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skyline

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines. (issue 6498077)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 06:40:58 +0000

The speed problem was twofold - some cruft in callbacks coupled with the
fact that I wasn't doing make cleans, so something about the way that
gcc was putting together the old .o files was slowing things down. I
learned my lesson: always do make clean before testing a patch.

A full make clean brings compilation time on Keith's test case down to:

PATCH

real    0m7.324s
user    0m6.944s
sys     0m0.192s

CURRENT MASTER

real    0m7.407s
user    0m6.828s
sys     0m0.304s

Usually about a 3% increase for scores with lots of cross staff slurs,
almost nothing otherwise.

Note that this is with an optimized build that is not debugging or
profiled enabled.  All of those flags add about 4ish%.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/