Re: how to make decisions?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: how to make decisions?
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 09:03:00 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Monday, September 03, 2012 2:44 PM

> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Graham Percival wrote Monday, September 03, 2012 1:00 PM
>>
>>> I don't know where to go from here.  I spend a lot of effort
>>> trying to organize such discussions, because I think that LilyPond
>>> is a community project.  I think that we should encourage people
>>> to participate, but telling people "ok, thanks for your work on
>>> XYZ, now get lost while the real developers talk about ABC" might
>>> discourage people from working.
>>
>> It did.
>
> No doubt.  And I don't want to promote a setup which will essentially
> end up as exactly that when viewed honestly.

[snip]

> I am doing the best I can, but I don't really see how I can justly deny
> the underlying gist of the characterization "ok, thanks for your work on
> XYZ, now get lost while the real developers talk about ABC".  And I want
> to avoid creating organizational structures that will cause exactly that
> impression if I am trying to do serious work according to the best of my
> conscience.

David, it wasn't anything /you/ said; it was Han-Wen's reply which
dismissed my cautionary offering as "bed-shedding" and referring
to a sneering video about other syntax failures.  Which, incidentally,
illustrated my real point (which he missed) ideally.

You're doing fine!

Trevor