Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skyline

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Approximates cross-staff slurs in VerticalAxisGroup vertical-skylines. (issue 6498077)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 23:06:36 -0700

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:23:08 -0700, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

On 7 sept. 2012, at 09:34, address@hidden wrote:

Having the invisible Grobs taking up space will confuse the innocent.

I tried to add comments about this in the source - perhaps the CG needs an
invisible grob bit, as we have StemStubs and SpanBarStubs as well.

People who have read the source code and contributors guide are not "the
innocent".

In measure 36 of my example, it seems I used a text script for custom
fingering placement.  That "4" moves to avoid the SlurStub.  (How would
you put it back where it belongs, as a user? )

\override TextScript #'avoid-slur = #'inside

But, looking at the output, the "4" is /already/ inside the slur, so why would
anybody think to try that?  These invisible grobs pushing things around would cause
confusion in released code.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6498077/