Re: Minor release checklist

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Minor release checklist
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:01:28 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "John Mandereau" <address@hidden>; "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:05 AM

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:54:05PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
I guess the best bet is to kick GUB off from a clean state:

rm -rf uploads
rm -rf target

You don't need to kill all of target.  It's enough to kill any
file or subdirectory containing "lilypond" inside of target.

This can be done with something like
 rm -rf target/*/*/*lilypond*
but I'm not totally certain I have the right number of * in there.
Be careful, since this could destroy a lot of your good data if
you're not using a separate user account for GUB stuff.  (i.e. if
you accidently add a space somewhere, that command could start
deleting everything on your hard drive)

- Graham

Hmm. Still getting the same problem. The following directories are missing:

gub/uploads/localdoc/V2.17.2
gub/uploads/webdoc/V2.17.2
gub/uploads/webtest/V2.17.2
gub/uploads/webtest/V2.17.2/compare-etc

This prevents the upload.  It looks like they should be created by

unlocked-doc-export:
unlocked-test-export:

but I can't figure out why these haven't run. Wonder whether running make unlocked-doc-export would fix it, but don't want to just go ahead without further consideration.

FWIW I've not pulled the git repo for gub recently. I guess that even if this would help, it would be a long old compile again...

--
Phil Holmes