Re: bar-line interface part 2/2: New bar line definition standard (issue

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: bar-line interface part 2/2: New bar line definition standard (issue 6498052)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 21:42:27 +0200

2012/10/5  <address@hidden>:
> Marc wrote:
>>
>> (define-bar-line ...) or \defineBarLine allows for new
>> definitions. These functions have four arguments,
>> namely the bar line itself, the bar line used at the end
>> of line, the bar line used at the begin of a new line
>> and the span bar line.
>

> It just occured to me: is there any way to specify different span bar
> lines (at the end of the line and at the beginning of the line)?
>
> Janek

Marc and me, we discussed this some time ago and decided not to
provide that functionality.
It would make things more complicated for the user and I think it is a
rarely needed feature.

BTW, you can change the SpanBar at line-end/begin even with 2.14.2
using some scheme:

\version "2.14.2"

#(define (change-span-bar-at-line-begin g)
  (if (and (ly:item? g)
           (equal? (ly:item-break-dir g) RIGHT))
      (ly:grob-set-property! g 'glyph-name ":")))

cSp = \once\override Score.SpanBar #'after-line-breaking =
#change-span-bar-at-line-begin

\new StaffGroup <<
\new Staff \relative c' { c1 \bar ":|:" \cSp \break d }
\new Staff \relative c' { c1 \break d }

-Harm