Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:21:16 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> To: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <address@hidden>; "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond Developmet Team" <address@hidden>; "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 11:09 PM

Hi,

from the previous discussion it seems that hosting our blog (currently
lilypondblog.wordpress.com) on the same server as our website would be
a bad idea and could lead to problems.  I stand corrected.

However, there seems to be another way of giving the blog a better
"home" without impacting the website itself: using blog.lilypond.org
subdomain. (keep in mind that i'm a noob wrt/ web hosting, so i may
confuse some things, sorry)

If i understand this correctly, the address of the blog would be
blog.lilypond.org, while the actual content and everything could be
hosted anywhere, for example on Urs' server.

I believe it could be hosted anywhere that can host multiple domains/websites. This would count as another domain. It may be that Urs' infrastructure can't do this.

So, technically
speaking, lilypond.org website and the blog would be totally separate,
while from the reader's point of view they would be parts of the same
whole.  For me that sounds like a perfect solution.

What do you think about it?  Jan/Graham, would it be difficult to
create such subdomain for you?

best,
Janek

--