Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 08:55:37 +0200

Am 07.06.2013 08:22, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
Hi,

2013/6/6 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
Am 06.06.2013 19:00, schrieb Urs Liska:
I can try that with an arbitrary iframe page on my server.
You can have a look at http://test.ursliska.de/test.html
It works partially:
- One can see everything and navigate the blog.
- One can post comments
- What does not work (for admins) is to edit comments or posts or enter the
admin area at all
- The address bar always shows the above address.

(- a minor issue is that I don't know how to define the iframe yet. I had to
manually set a height in pixels, which obviously isn't good.)
Thanks for testing this, Urs.
I think that's not good enough for our purposes (unless it is possible
to make the address bar behave as if the iframe was "the real thing").
  People will notice that something's wrong and the blog will look
unprofessional.
Maybe one could embed the iframe as a noticeable window. I.e. make a header bar that says: "Here you can look at our blog, but you can also go to ... (navigation will easily bring you back to lilypond.org)".

But I have yet another idea that could be elegant if the technical requirements are met.

If the server hosting lilypond.org is capable of running WordPress, i.e. has
- PHP >= 5.2.4
- MySQL >= 5.0
available, we could:
- Create a /blog directory at the top level of the website
- Ensure that this directory isn't touched when updating the website content
- Install WordPress there
  This is a one-time action of a few minutes, and
the maintainer of the blog doesn't need any admin access to the server later

This way the blog would be technically integrated into lilypond.org (i.e. wrt search engines)
but could be maintained independently.

Urs

thanks,
Janek