Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

Janek Warchoł-2 wrote
> I already have a dozen sketches for posts, so i can promise at least
> one post per week till the end of summer.  I hope that more people
> will join by then; we have a dozen active contibutors so if people
> write one post each month (or two) it should amount to a fairly active
> blog.

I think one per week might be setting the pace too high.  If you spread your
posts out you could guarantee at least one post per month for the first
year, and then when others contribute theirs that could come down to one
every two weeks or so.  That sounds about right to me, and more sustainable
long-term.  (We don't want you to burn out on it!)

Committing to at least one post per month for a year makes a good case for
giving it a more prominent link from the main menu on the main site.  I
think that would help motivate people to want to contribute to it.  In a
year (or more) if it's not working out, the link could be "demoted" to a
less prominent place, and life goes on.

Or do it the other way around and make it prove itself first.  Either way
works.

-Paul