Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

Am 06.06.2013 18:46, schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:
> Can't we just use lilypond.org/blog and/or use iframes to include it into
> our home page?

Hmmm...  I think it would help to have a clearer decision on the
relationship of the blog with the main LilyPond site.  Once there's an
answer to "what" is wanted, then it would be easier to work out the
technical details of "where" and "how" to do it.  So, is it to be:

A. a more "official" blog of the LilyPond project?  (i.e. blog.lilypond.org)
B. a more independent LilyPond "community" blog?  (i.e.
blog.openlilylib.org)

If the plan is A (official blog), then it seems one might want it to be more
closely integrated with the main site in terms of the navigation menu, URLs,
iframes, etc. (even if it's not running on the same server).

If the plan is B (community blog), then it could be more like the LilyPond
Report where it has its own domain/URLs and is not that integrated with the
main site (navigation menus, etc.), but just has prominent links from one or
more pages on the main site to it.

It might help to answer this broader "what" question first (however such
decisions get made, and although it may be more difficult to reach an
answer...) and then deal with the technical "how" implementation questions.

Of course it's also good to know what the technical possibilities are too.
(For example, if the goal was more integration with the main site, one could
customize the blog's template so that the main navigation bar at the top of
all the blog pages basically matched that of the main site, so that
navigation back and forth was rather seamless, even if they were on
different domains and servers.)

Ok, this is all just my two cents.  :-)
-Paul