Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

Urs Liska wrote
> So it looks as we're having two options if we want to provide a more
> lilypond-like address for the blog:
>
> a)
> blog.lilypond.org
> Involving remapping the subdomain from lilypond.orgs server to another
> one (possibly mine)
> b)
> blog.openlilylib.org
>
> But I would say that even keeping it at lilypondblog.wordpress.com
> wouldn't be an _evil_ thing, although not preferable.

I take it that Graham has taken blog.lilypond.org off the table, until the
blog has proven itself.

I think there's another option that may actually be best.  That's to
register a domain like lilypondblog.org that can work as the blog's
potentially permanent address.

- It works whether the blog becomes more official, or stays more of a
community blog.

- It can easily follow the blog to whatever server it's hosted on (including
wordpress.com) should this need to change.

- It's not tied to another site or project (as with blog.openlilylib.org)

- It could reasonably be the blogs' address indefinitely.

- It indicates seriousness about the intended longevity of the blog.

The only downside I see is that it is about $10 a year to register a domain.
But I think it would be worth it.  If five or so people commit $2 a year,
then it's covered.

-Paul