Re: stencils: let some stencils carry a box-extent; issue 3255 (issue 92

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: stencils: let some stencils carry a box-extent; issue 3255 (issue 9295044)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 02:32:30 +0000

I'll have time to try make doc and re-upload, this weekend.

https://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/diff/51001/lily/stencil-integral.cc
File lily/stencil-integral.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/diff/51001/lily/stencil-integral.cc#newcode385
lily/stencil-integral.cc:385: Interval x_ext = robust_scm2interval
(scm_car (expr), Interval () );
On 2013/06/13 15:36:26, dak wrote:
It looks at least somewhat awkward that one can't just replace the
horizontal or
vertical skyline alone with fixed extents but always has to do it in
tandem.

I don't understand the concept.

For graphical objects, we can set 'vertical-skylines separately from
'horizontal- to independently choose whether to look into the stencil,
or just the extents, to trace each skyline.

In stencils, there is an aggregate of drawing commands that are
interpreted for the various output targets, and also interpreted here to
find their outlines and trace skylines.

At this point in the code we came across a section of drawing commands
started with 'with-dimensions-stencil: "please use this box, in place of
the actual outline of the following sub-stencil".  What is an example of
how we could act upon seeing #f or #t as a dimensions of that box?

https://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/diff/51001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm
File scm/define-markup-commands.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/diff/51001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode1913
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:1913: #:properties (pad-around-markup)