Re: stencils: let some stencils carry a box-extent; issue 3255 (issue 92

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: stencils: let some stencils carry a box-extent; issue 3255 (issue 9295044)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:26:38 -0700

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 02:13:55 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/9295044/diff/51001/scm/harp-pedals.scm#newcode128
scm/harp-pedals.scm:128: (apply ly:stencil-add
Uh, (apply x (cons* y z t)) is just the same as
(apply x y z t)
isn't it?

Don't ask me; I learned Scheme five minutes before I wrote this.

In the case where 'y' and 'z' are elements to be added to the front of list 't', then I
see in the manual that "apply" take the parts as if they were joined in a list.
 But the old code made clear the structure
  (apply /operation/ /list/ )
which is lucky for me or I would have been lost.

But golly gee willikers, David, I'm truly out of my depth in Scheme here, so
you should really take over this patch.