Re: contributing instructions are misleading!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: contributing instructions are misleading!
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:34:43 +0100

2013/12/7 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> i'm infuriated.  A new contributor had turned up, read CG and sent his
> patch to the "frogs" mailing list, which, as far as i know, is dead
> (and since lilynet is down, i'm not sure it's actually working at
> all).
>
> This is absolutely unacceptable.  Not only is our contributing process
> complicated, but the instructions we give are misleading!
>
> I'm so angry that I'll actually go through the CG and update the
> instructions right now, and will push directly to staging.  I don't
> want to waste time on discussions this time, and i dont' actually have
> time to go through formal review.  Any comments and adjustments are
> welcome - please just send follow-up patches.

a first "hotfix" was already pushed
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=fcad9f183bb05f7206427bf5fc1b95fd8209d26e)
and i'm working on a bigger cleanup of first 3 chapters now.
Misleading information, fear me!

best

PS it seems that i overcame my prejudice and actually did `make doc`.
It's helpful :)