Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 16:33:39 +0200

On 10/04/15 09:34, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
So the question is whether Launchpad has a usable API, right?  Joseph,
do you know more?c

Just to follow up on this, I exchanged a few messages on Reddit with Colin Watson (who's leading the git-support effort) following this announcement:
http://blog.launchpad.net/general/git-code-hosting-beta

Looks like right now, git hosting is available in beta version, but webooks (e.g. to trigger automated testing) are not yet. Colin's expectation was that these would arrive soon, but for obvious reasons he wasn't willing to provide a concrete ETA.

I'm going on the assumption that, with fully featured git support fully in place, Launchpad could host code, and handle both issue tracking and the review of merge requests (including automated testing); its issues allow the attachment of files (which ought to take care of Lilypond examples attached to issues, but I'd need to check that any file size limits meet Lilypond's issue requirements).

However, I'd like to be sure I'm not missing any requirements, given Lilypond's rather particular needs. Any chance someone with a more detailed understanding of requirements than me could prepare a list of "must have" features for any new hosting service? Just something that I can run past launchpad folks on IRC or suchlike as a sanity-check that this really would be a workable solution.