Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 23:04:46 +0100

Phil Holmes wrote Monday, May 11, 2015 6:21 PM

> At some point we will need to freeze the Google version, copy them over and
> move to the new version.  This is probably better done sooner than later,
> once we're sure that the move is correct.  It will presumably also mean no
> updates to issues during that period.

Yes.  I suggested the latest day for this should be 10 Aug 2015.  That's 2
weeks before GoogleCode goes read-only.  If we are ready earlier so much the
better, but that depends on how long it takes to re-develop git-cl and patchy.
And before that can start we need agreement on where we are going.  AFAIK using
Allura at SourceForge is currently the only viable option on the table.  I'm
not investigating any other options.  Is any one else?

> Have you investigated the API for patch and git-cl?

I've quickly looked at Allura's API.  It seems to contain all the features we
would need.  I've also looked at git-cl, but unpicking that is someway outside
my comfort zone.  It's built around code obtained from Google.  I don't plan to
work on git-cl's conversion, so we need some other volunteer to do that.  Any
takers?  I've not even looked at patchy.

Trevor