Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 21:15:18 +0100

James wrote Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:46 PM

>> Trevor
> Do we even need a new git-cl?
>
> I am no expert but wasn't that designed to get around the fact that we
> had to upload to two different places (one place for actual review and
> one for a note on the tracker). Does this new place come with it's own
> workflow and so it would be a case of 'use their tools' and update the
> CG with the instructions - at least as an interim solution.

Well, I'm totally unfamiliar with Allura's Review mechanism so I can't comment
on that, but I think I'd favour making the minimal changes needed at this time,
vis just moving the tracker.  Since, as you say, git-cl was designed to work
with a tracker and review that are independent it should be fine with just
moving the tracker.

> Patchy is a different kettle of fish. Although I wouldn't want that to
> delay getting the conversion/move done, as while it may be a fiddle for
> others to manually test things, I don't mind doing that - but as I have
> said it would mean that most patch testing would take a few more extra
> steps for me so it would make testing during a normal work day more
> difficult.

That's good news!  So it looks like we have the makings of a complete solution,
even if we can't figure out how Patchy works.  I'm sure we'll find some
undesirable features of Allura when we get down to the details, but that's what
the next few weeks will tell us.

Trevor