Re: Reasons why a LilyPond-to-MEI conversion should be developed

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Reasons why a LilyPond-to-MEI conversion should be developed
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:34:37 +0100

On 25.10.2015 09:15, Urs Liska wrote:
if LilyPond should consume
>>MEI
>
>Interesting thought. I should be surprised if MEI were to consent in
>granting LilyPond this honour (as which I’d consider it). Given the
>‘universal’ intent of MEI, they might not want to ‘take sides’ with
>LilyPond (as opposed to other typesetting software) in such a complete
>and definite way.
I'm not sure if Richard really got you right, and I'm not sure if*I*
understand you right.

The idea is adding LilyPond as a "rendering engine" for MEI editions,
making it possible to produce professional engravings from MEI editions.
If you consider this an honor then yes, they*are*  consenting to that idea.

OK, I mistook you there. I read your ‘consume’ as ‘make the entire MEI _project_ a part of the LilyPond project’. I might have known that you couldn’t have meant that :-)

Yours, Simon