Re: guile-2.0 and debian

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 and debian
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 12:40:15 +0100

>> So a separate branch for communication might indeed be a reasonable
>> short-term measure.
>>

> I agree, but since these patches are a moving target we should choose
> one of these two alternative approaches:
>
>  1. Use only one branch, but warn users that the branch might be
>     rebased, this would mean that "git pull --force" might be needed on
>     the client side.
>
>  2. Use versioned branches, this means that when the need for a rebase
>     arises the result of the rebasing goes into a new branch, e.g.:
>
>       guile-2.0-v2
>
>     or
>
>       guile-2.0-20161125

I pushed a branch called
dev/guile-v2-work
on top of current master, i.e.
05d42dcaf03067eca83309339758fee441f38edf

In general users will get LilyPond from their distros or via
precompiled installer.
Users of the git-repository will either know what they are doing or
ask, if something's not clear.

(I remember being a git starter with a lot of questions. And while I'm
on it, I hope I did the public branch correctly, never done it
before.)

Cheers,
  Harm