Re: guile-2.0 and debian

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 and debian
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 10:11:35 +0100

> In the mean time I started to write a TODO list of the missing pieces:
>
> - Make lilypond locale-independent
>
> - /input/regression/keys.ly looks bad (Reported by Thomas Morley)
>
> - /input/regression/utf-8.ly changed spacing/line.break (Reported by
>   Thomas Morley) Might be related to the floating point issue below
>
> - Investigate why the floating point numbers are different in some
>   decimal digits (Reported by Knut Petersen)
>
> - Investigate why lilypond is a lot slower when using guile-2.0

Another one for the TODO-list
lilypond is not able to find files with utf8-characters in its name:
lilypond-git filename_名字.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.19.52
warning: cannot find file: `filename_??????.ly'
fatal error: failed files: "filename_??????.ly"

This may be related to guile-2.0.13 not being able to find such files
either. See:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2016-11/msg00031.html
and
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-11/msg01001.html