Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 06:42:49 -0600

On 2/25/2019 6:23 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
That's why I suggested looking what is available for Darwin (I think OpenDarwin
at some point of time closed shop but that was some time ago and I haven't
followed developments).

It seems OpenDarwin's been gone since 2006.

<http://www.applematters.com/article/opendarwin-dies-a-lonely-death/>

Apple does still have some open source items:

<https://opensource.apple.com/>

Unfortunately, the search space there changes from "an SDK bundle that has everything we need" to "a big list of individual components." I know too little about both macOS and Linux development to know what things to look for. My efforts here are mostly limited to research and testing.

Here's cctools, which has the packages ar, as, and ld which I gather are significant somehow.

<https://opensource.apple.com/source/cctools/>

What part of the GUB sources would say exactly what's being used from the macOS SDK?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA